Jul-Aug: 2pm-6pm; Easter weekend-end Jun and Sep-Oct: weekends and Bank Hols 2pm-6pm - closed Mon
Construction of the castle lasted from the 11C to 18C and it was restored in the early 20C. Louis XIII stopped here in 1622, on his return from Montpellier and the signature of a peace treaty with the Protestants. The monarch made a gift of several cannons, which are kept under the arcades of the inner courtyard along with their mounts adorned with fleur-de-lis. Visit Louis XIII's bedchamber, the former kitchen with its late-15C fireplace, the Great Hall and so on.