Combourg Castle
23 rue des Princes, 35270 Combourg Routeplanner
De Groene Gids

Praktische informatie

Open :

Jul-Aug: 10am-12.30pm, 2pm-6pm; Apr-Jun and Sep-Oct: daily except Sat (except Bank Hols) 10am-12.30pm, 2pm-6pm, Sun 2pm-6pm; rest of year: telephone for timetable - closed 1 Jan, 25-26 Dec


This mighty fortress with its thick walls is flanked by four solid towers, topped by a pepper box turret. The castle was restored thanks to the advice of the architect Viollet-le Duc. The inside, which was refurbished in 1876, contains souvenirs of the illustrious writer Châteaubriand. The Chat Tower, encloses the austere room of his childhood. There is a very beautiful view of the town, the lake and the grounds from the crenelated wall walk.


  • Route vanaf deze plaats
  • Route naar deze plaats
  • Route via deze plaats
  • Nabijgelegen hotels
  • Nabijgelegen restaurants

Wat te zien of te doenin de omgeving

Waar in de omgevingslapen

Waar in de omgevingeten